Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Packed and Ready

It is strange to to think that I will be 1/2 way around the world in just a day. ( Well, I'll at least be on my way.)The travelling takes a while, since we go to Atlanta, to Paris, and then to Casablanca. I have two smallish suitcases, and a adecent carry-on bag, enough clothes for 1 week, and some laundry supplies. I have read several books on the history, geography, religion, and a bit on the language of the region. I am enjoying the feeling of ignorance, and excitement about all the new information and perspectives I will gain from this experience. I am not afraid to admit that I am nervous, scared, and anxious. But not enough to skip the trip!

1 comment:

Ben McClendon said...

I looked over the program goals, and I just have to say that you're going to be awesome at this. I'm very excited for you; talk about an experience of a lifetime! I definitely have some new summer reading here on your blog.

Best wishes and safe journey,
Ben