Monday, June 23, 2008

Fez, Casablanca, and Marakkesh

We had a great time at the sacred music festival and in the shopping "medina" of Fez. It is a city with so much character. I had lots of trouble with the internet, so I have not updated this. I think I will add better details later, since 10 of us are sharing one laptop!

Casablanca turned out to be really fun, since we were able to get around on our own and see the artisins in the souk. My roommate, Julie, had been here in the Peace Corps several years ago, and we found her old neighborhood, and some of her friends, too. We have learned so much about the country and the people. It is an honor to be here.

Now we are in a house in the oldest part of Marakkesh. It was built in the 1600's and remodled (bathrooms added) recently. It is cool, and calming, even though there is not any AC. We have seen more beautiful tile work, stichery, etc! I will have good pictures, and the rest of the group will share, so there may be honestly thousands!!

I will be back in the states July 3rd.

No comments: